Saturday 7 January 2012

Painting

I thought that I would just do ceramics for my MA  but recently I have been thinking about painting again. I'm not sure if it  will be part of my MA at the moment but I have begun working on a large painting of the sea. I am interested in capturing the movement and texture of the sea, particularly waves, based on photos that I took in Thailand. While I was working on my annotated bibliography, I found that I just 'needed' to paint so I went and bought a large canvas and went about painting it. I haven't managed to complete it yet but I made a start by laying down a thin wash of oil paint on to the canvas surface. My painting will eventually be based on a very close-up photo of a crashing wave. I wanted to add texture onto the surface of the canvas so I mixed sand with PVA glue and applied it to part of the surface where the crest of the wave would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment